[JOBPEDIA] How to become a makeup artist
What does a makeup artist do?
Makeup artists apply makeup according to the needs of the client. They can be for situations like weddings, theater performances, broadcasting, advertising, fashion shows, or even just personal beauty. Based on their expertise and knowledge of cosmetics, skincare, and coloring, they bring out the beauty of the human body through makeup.
#Physical contact #Your decision affects a person’s image #High competition #Work in a standing position #Work on weekends and holidays
Preferred qualities and certificates
- Department of Beauty Arts
- Esthetician [General, skin] (National technology)
- Beauty makeup: Event makeup for entry ceremonies, graduations, interviews, auditions, etc.
- Wedding makeup: Wedding photo/Wedding ceremony makeup
- Advertisement/photo/fashion makeup: Makeup for models in catalogs, commercials, and fashion shows
- Fantasy makeup, body painting
Korea makeup central association
Korea makeup artist association
Korea Professional Makeup Artists Career Exchange Association